Thursday, August 31, 2017

Why I Prefer the Title, Jingo.

Why I Prefer the Title of Jingo

I am a Christian, but not by this world's description. 
My memory fails me now but according to this blog (which I have learned is my blog), I began to search my heart in 2006. 

The title, "Christian," was given to many that I did not share the same beliefs or used the title with no evidence of being an actual follower of Christ.  I was pointing fingers at others, and apparently, judging.

My thought pattern led me to me.  Please see my writing of 2006:

What is a 'Jingo?'

In January, 2006, I had been searching for the meaning of 'coward.' Why 'coward'? I had gone looking for who I am. In my readings in the Bible --- I decided to look up traitor and coward.  Sorry, but, I admit it - that is what I am many times. So, I just as well confront myself with exactly who I am. I looked up these words in the dictionary and thesaurus - not the Bible.

In looking, I found the word bellicose and then found jingo (definitions below) --- and it hit me that that is what I will be. Not a Christian as the world defines --- the world has taken that word and watered it down to be a really nice person that never makes waves.

I will be a follower of Christ - a jingo.

My next book is going to be called: 
"I am a Jingo." Or, "Want to be a Jingo with me?"

Am I nuts? I don't think so."

Jingo: an extreme bellicose nationalist (chauvinist, jingoist, hundred-percenter, patrioteer). One who vociferously supports one's country, especially one who supports a belligerent foreign policy; a chauvinistic patriot.
Bellicose: warlike in manner; pugnacous.
Pugnacious means combative in nature or belligerent
Belligerent: inclined to fight; hostile or aggresive. Of or pertaining to or engaged in warfare.

Now, belligerent is always associated with the negative, right? Well, I am not so sure. 
Twisted thinking.  Once again, the world tells us being belligerent is wrong. 

Sounds ok to me. So, a jingo, I am. A jingo on a mission.   End of 2006 Post


twisted-thinking.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home